Australian designed and manufactured, the Magellan Solar Gate combines high quality industrial components together with state of the art hardware and software to control/prevent the export of solar power to the grid.
In a typical application, the Solar Gate ascertains the power requirement of the local load and adjusts the solar power (through controlling the PV Inverter) so that only a pre-set amount or zero amount of power is injected into the grid, thereby ensuring that most or all of the generated power is available for the local load.
Approved by NT Utility
The Magellan Power Solar Gate has been added to the approved Zero-Export Limiter Device List by Power and Water Corp in the Northern Territory.
The list contains devices from a technical perspective that are capable of achieving zero-export for PV systems. Some of these devices offer protection functions similar to the internal protection found within a CEC approved inverter.
The functions the Solar Gate have been approved for include reverse power limit, under voltage, over voltage, under and over frequency, islanding period and auto-sychronisation among others.
To see the Zero-Export Limiter Device list by Power and Water Corp – CLICK HERE.
Features & Specifications
- Controls solar export from PV inverters.
- Compatible with SMA Tripower, Power-One Aurora Trio, Kaco Powador, Magellan Energy Storage Systems and other popular Inverters.
- Accuracy of 2% for smooth power control.
- Plug and play capability allows Solar Gate to ascertain the number of connected inverters and their ratings to ensure equal power distribution.
- Detects excess solar power available.
- Voltage free relay output for controlling reverse-power protection contactor, and optional voltage free relay output for switching non-essential fixed loads if excess solar power is available.
- Electrically isolated RS485 connection to PV inverters.
- Data Logging - PV Power and Site Power
- Compliant with IEC60255 (measuring relay and protection equipment.)
- Power Consumption: < 3W
- Weight: < 3kg
- Mounting Panel: Wall Mounted, Indoor
- Environmental: -20 C to 60 C, 5% to 95% R.H
- Inverter Interface: Isolated RS485
- Inverter Compatibility: Compatible with SMA Tripower, Power-One Aurora Trio, Kaco Powador, Magellan Energy Storage Systems and other popular inverters.
- Measurement Accuracy: Class 1
- Power Control Resolution: 2%
- Voltage Range: 200 - 270V 50Hz
- Current Range: Up to 1000A using external CT’s and setting the CT ratio
- Contactor Control Output: 240VAC 1A/ 24VDC 1A
- Logged Parameters: Solar Plant and Site Power with Estimated Yield and Consumption
- Logging Resolution: 1%
- Logging Capacity: Hourly for 250 days
- Power Quality Event Detection: Mains Over/Under Voltage/Frequency, Voltage Vector Shift, Reverse Power.
- Event Storage Capacity: 80 Events
- Monitoring Interfaces: Isolated USB & RS485 & Ethernet (optional.)
- Monitoring Protocol: Modbus RTU
- Standard Compliance: IEC60255, IEC61000
For pricing or more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org