100kW/400kWh Energy Storage system.
The demand management system was built for TransGrid, the owner and operator of one of the largest high-voltage transmission networks in Australia.
The system is being used for the utility’s i-Demand project which is in place at TransGrid’s Western Sydney (Eastern Creek) site and also includes 99 kW of solar panels and high-efficiency LED lighting.
The Magellan Grid Power Support System utilises 400 kWh lithium polymer batteries and the advanced bi-directional inverter uses rugged IGBT power circuitry with the latest microprocessor hardware and software.
The long cycle life of the Nickel Manganese Cobalt batteries combined with the high reliability and rugged design of Magellan inverters make this energy storage equipment a perfect choice for many applications including frequency and voltage regulation, peak load management, remote area power systems, solar smoothing, diesel reduction and many other applications.
The equipment is designed for compliance with AS4777 and uses a high reliability four quadrant 3- phase bidirectional inverters to store energy from the grid, or from a renewable energy source, into highly efficient and reliable Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (LiMnNiCoO2) batteries. The Lithium Polymer Batteries (SLPB) high energy cells feature outstanding energy densities (200Wh/kg) and longevity with deep discharge (80% DOD).
Long cycle life and high reliability of the Nickel Manganese Cobalt cells combined with high reliability and rugged design of Magellan inverters make this energy storage equipment a perfect choice for many applications including frequency and voltage regulation, peak load management, remote area power systems, solar smoothing diesel reduction and many other applications.
• 30 - Year service life.
• Kokam Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt batteries
• 8,000 cycle life (at 80% Depth of Discharge to 60% of original capacity)
• Four Quadrant IGBT based Bidirectional inverter.
• Programmable power.
• Control for grid-interactive mode.
• DSP and Microprocessor controller.
• Advanced communication options: Modbus RTU (USB/ RS485), Modbus TCP (Ethernet), DNP3 (Ethernet), inbuilt Website (Ethernet).
• Advanced Battery Management System.
• Applications: Peak shaving, renewable energy systems, solar smoothing, smart grid, demand management.
• Three phase 100 kVA output.
• Customised/programmable functions to the client specification.
• Galvanic battery and output isolation.