The Solar Gate is a brand new product made and designed in Perth, WA.
It controls and regulates the export of solar power to the grid.
High and growing solar penetration in Australian electricity grid systems are causing some problems such as voltage regulation and peak demand.
This has forced some electricity generators and distributors to impose limits on the amount of solar injection into their grid.
This problem is more acute with larger PV installations.
The Solar Gate monitors the power demand of a local load and commands grid inverters to produce power equal to the local demand, in order to avoid injection of solar power into the grid.
Solar Gate Features:
- Controls solar export from inverter.
- Output signal to switch on non-essential loads.
- Accuracy of 1% for smooth power control.
- Plug and play capability allows equal inverter power distribution.
- RS485 connection to inverters.
- Remote enable/disable function.
- External power injection demand functionality.
- Solar Gate can also detect excess power available and facilitate utilisation of the unused available power by switching on auxiliary (non-essential) loads.
For more information, or pricing and advice - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the Magellan Power website