The Magellan Power Solar Gate (MPSG) controls and prevents solar power from flowing into the grid ensuring all generated solar power is available for the local load.
The system also automatically logs the solar plant power output and site load. It records the data into non-volatile memory every hour for the last 250 days (8 months).
It can be downloaded via USB / laptop and automatically converted to a zoomable chart, or saved to disk for importing into a spreadsheet.
Additionally, grid power quality is monitored and the unit can log events such as voltage sags. It allows installers to monitor the behaviour of the solar plant as well as perform an ongoing energy audit of their site load.
They can see how much power they are using at what time of day, and how much of it is being supplied by the solar energy using the one device.
- The storage resolution is 1%.
- Average solar plant output and site power is continuously logged into volatile memory every 5 minutes.
- Every day, the data is summarised and stored into non-volatile memory with hour-averages.
- The system also estimates daily solar energy yield (kWh) and site energy consumption (kWh).
- Event recording with timestamp: Phase voltage < 200V or > 257V for 5s Frequency < 47.5 or > 52.5Hz for 5s Reverse power.
Phase rotation / reversal. Magellan Power Solar Gate is designed to control and prevent the export of solar power to the grid.
The Magellan Power Solar Gate is flexible and can operate in two basic configurations, a compact configuration for PV plant sizes less than 30kW, and a full configuration for the larger PV plant sizes.
For more detailed information, diagrams and specifications please click here.